|Let's get mothers and newborns off to a strong start. Here's what you can do to help.|
Learn More about Strong Start
- Sign up to receive news and new resources as they become available.
Share Expectant Mothers and Families Resources
- Use Strong Start resources when communicating with expectant mothers and families.
- The March of Dimes wants babies to get at least 39 weeks of pregnancy. For pregnant women, they offer information on why getting to at least 39 weeks is so important. Learn how you can support the Healthy Babies are Worth the Wait® (HBWW) initiative.
- Encourage expectant mothers to sign up for Text4Baby text messages to get support throughout their pregnancy and baby’s first year. These free text messages provide on-going tips on prenatal care, infant health, parenting and more. See how you can get involved and support enrollment in this important service.
- The Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) has created resources to help women understand the many reasons it’s important for a mom to carry her baby to term.
Spread the Word
- Share expectant mothers and families resources with your colleagues.
- Add a “Strong Start” article to your newsletter
- Tell us about your organizations’ efforts and share other important resources.
- Share this page with your members, colleagues, and the world. Here’s an example tweet:
Learn how mothers can help ensure a #strongstart for their newborns:http://go.cms.gov/LSNWZi