The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) established the Physician-Focused Payment Model Technical Advisory Committee (PTAC) to review and assess physician-focused payment models (PFPMs) based on stakeholder proposals submitted to the committee. The final rule with comment period finalized criteria for the committee to use in reviewing these proposals and providing recommendations to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The criteria require that proposed PFPMs are anticipated to reduce cost, improve care, or both.
The Secretary is required to review the comments and recommendations submitted by the PTAC and post a detailed response to these recommendations. The Secretary’s responses to comments and recommendations from the PTAC are below:
- Secretary’s Response to Project Sonar (PDF)
- Submitted by the Illinois Gastroenterology Group and SonarMD, LLC
- Secretary’s Response to The ACS-Brandeis Advanced APM (PDF)
- Submitted by the American College of Surgeons
- Secretary’s Response to The COPD and Asthma Monitoring Project (PDF)
- Submitted by Pulmonary Medicine, Infectious Disease and Critical Care Consultants Medical Group Inc. of Sacramento, California (PMA)
More information can be found on the Physician-Focused Payment Model Technical Advisory Committee website.