Senior Advisor HHS Secretary, Deputy Administrator CMS, and Director Innovation Center
Adam is widely regarded as an innovative leader in the private sector. He founded and was CEO of several successful large businesses and was a leader at two international investment firms.
Adam was the founder and CEO of Landmark Health. Landmark is the largest home-based medical group in the country, with over 1,000 employees across 20 locations in the United States and India and 80,000 chronic patients under management. Adam co-founded Imagine Health, Landmark's wholly-owned subsidiary in India.
Adam was an Operating Partner at Francisco Partners, a $14 billion global investment firm with offices in San Francisco and London. Adam focused on new and existing investments both domestically and abroad. He also partnered with Francisco as the founder and Chairman of Avalon, the leading provider of laboratory benefit management services.
Adam was a Principal at Accretive, LLC, a private equity firm based in New York. Prior to joining Accretive, Adam was Executive Vice President and General Manager at MedeAnalytics, a leading global provider of SaaS analytics. Adam started and managed Mede's European operations headquartered in London and led product innovation with over 200 engineers in Ukraine and Hungary.
Adam worked at Battery Ventures, a global technology-focused venture capital firm with over $2 billion under management and offices in Boston, Silicon Valley, London and Israel. He focused on investments in software and emerging technologies in the United States and Israel. Prior to Battery, Adam worked for the Financial and Fiscal Commission in Midrand, South Africa where he focused on advocating for fiscal responsibility in the provinces.
Adam graduated magna cum laude from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania with a focus in finance and minor in French. He resides in New Orleans, LA with his wife, Shira, and their four young children.
Amy Bassano is the Deputy Director of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Prior to assuming this position in April 2016, Ms. Bassano was the Director of the Patient Care Models Group at CMMI leading CMS’s efforts on bundled payments including the Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) Initiative and the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) model and the development of physician specialty models such as the Oncology Care Model. In addition, she was responsible for the Home Health Value Based Purchasing Model and the Medicare Care Choices Model. Ms. Bassano also held senior management positions in the Center for Medicare at CMS overseeing Medicare payment policy for a variety of areas including inpatient and outpatient hospitals, physicians, ambulatory surgical centers, clinical laboratories, and Part B drugs. Prior to her tenure at CMS, Ms. Bassano was a Program Examiner at the Office of Management and Budget where she was the lead Medicare analyst on Medicare Part B and D issues. Ms. Bassano has an M.A. in Policy Studies from Johns Hopkins University and a B.A. in history from Tufts University.
Arrah Tabe-Bedward is the Deputy Director of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Ms. Tabe-Bedward has a strong background in Medicare and previously served as the Director of the Medicare Enrollment and Appeals Group (MEAG) at CMS. As MEAG’s Director, she was responsible for all eligibility, enrollment and appeals policy under the Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS), Medicare Advantage (MA), and Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) programs, and had shared responsibility with the Social Security Administration for Medicare eligibility, enrollment and low-income subsidy operations. She also had oversight responsibility for all Medicare appeals operations for the FFS, MA and Part D Qualified Independent Contractors, the appeals units of the Medicare administrative contractors, and CMS’ Beneficiary Notice Initiative, which includes provider-issued notices such as the Important Message from Medicare and the Advance Beneficiary Notices of Noncoverage. In addition to MEAG, Ms. Tabe-Bedward worked in CMS’ Program Integrity Group and Office of Legislation. She has a J.D. from the University Of Maryland School Of Law and an M.S. in Public Service Management from DePaul University, and initially joined the federal government as a Presidential Management Fellow.
The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation organization structure is outlined below:
Office of the Director
Executive Operations Staff
Business Services Group
- Division of Applications Design and Development
- Division of Budget and Administrative Services
- Division of Central Contracts Services
- Division of IT Operations and Security
- Division of Program and Project Management
Learning and Diffusion Group
- Division of Cross-Model Learning and Improvement
- Division of Improvement Networks and Regional Engagement
- Division of Model Learning Systems
Patient Care Models Group
- Division of Ambulatory Payment Models
- Division of Health Care Payment Models
- Division of Payment Models
- Division of Specialty Payment Models
- Division of Technical Model Support
Policy and Programs Group
- Division of Alternative Payment Model Infrastructure
- Division of Data Analytics
- Division of Portfolio Management and Strategy
- Division of Stakeholder Engagement and Policy
Preventive and Population Health Care Models Group
- Division of Health Care Delivery
- Division of Health Innovation and Integration
- Division of Population Health Incentives and Infrastructure
Research and Rapid Cycle Evaluation Group
- Division of Data, Research and Analytic Methods
- Division of Health Systems Research
- Division of Payment and Accountability Research
- Division of Special Populations Research
Seamless Care Models Group
- Division of Advanced Primary Care
- Division of Delivery System Demonstrations
- Division of Financial Risk
- Division of Seamless Infrastructure
- Division of Special Populations and Projects
State Innovations Group
- Division of All-Payer Models
- Division of State Innovations Models