On February 4, 2013, CMS announced the new Comprehensive ESRD Care Initiative. Applicants are required to submit both a non-binding letter of intent (due August 30, 2013) and an application (due August 30, 2013).
Participating organizations will consist of groups of health care providers led by care professionals experienced in providing care to beneficiaries with ESRD. The organizations must include representation from dialysis facilities, nephrologists, and other Medicare providers and suppliers. To be eligible, ESCOs must have a minimum of 500 beneficiaries “matched” to their organization. The matching process will use historical data on beneficiaries who are receiving care from participating providers.
- For more information, read the Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) for applicants.
- For a complete list of eligibility requirements, please reference the Request for Applications (PDF).
Key Dates and Deadlines
- CMS will accept letters of intent between February 1 and August 30, 2013.
- CMS will accept applications between March 1 and August 30, 2013.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit both a letter of intent and an application. CMS will only accept those applications submitted through the instructions described below.
Notices of Intent
All applicants are required to submit non-binding letters of intent by August 30, 2013 11:59pm EDT.
- To submit a letter of intent, visit the letter of intent page.
- Please review the letter of intent instructions (PDF) before visiting the letter of intent page.
All applicants are required to submit a complete application to CMS. CMS will accept those applications on or before August 30, 2013 11:59pm EDT.
- Application is now available
- View a template of the application in Appendix B of the Request for Applications (PDF).
Sign Up for Updates
Sign up to receive regular email updates about this application process.
Have a Question?
Please send all questions regarding this initiative to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Applicants
- List of Medicare Core Based Statistical Areas (CBSAs) (XLS)